Credit Hire with Baker Hardman Solicitors
Credit Hire is when you can hire a replacement vehicle following an accident that was not your fault.
If you suffered from a road traffic accident, and it wasn’t your fault there are a couple of road traffic accident claims you can make:
You can directly contact the other driver’s insurance company to begin a claim or
find and contact a Credit Hire Company to process a dedicated non-fault claim.
Credit Hire Companies
If you’ve been in a road traffic accident and need a replacement vehicle while your vehicle is being repaired, but don’t have the funds to cover the repairs or replacement costs. A credit hire company can provide you with a hire car at no cost to you. They can also with help with recovering the cost of the hire from the other driver who was at fault for the accident.
Credit Hire Claims
The cost of hiring the replacement vehicle is claimed back from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Once you have claimed the credit hire company. They will send an invoice to the insurance company for the cost of hiring the vehicle. Credit Hire Companies will also charge a fee for their services, included in the claim.
Making a claim with a Credit Hire Company or with your Own Insurance Company What’s Best?
It’s best to check your agreement with a Credit Hire company, as most work on work on a no-win, no-fee basis. If this is the case, they will charge you the costs if they can recover costs from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Claiming on your insurance policy can have an impact on your ‘no-claims bonus and also increase your insurance premiums. Sometimes they may decide not to cover your expenses or limit the amount they’re willing to pay out. You may also need to check your insurance policy for the following:
- When you make a claim. You may need to pay excess fees.
- When the accident was not your fault. Claiming through a Credit Hire Company is a better option.
How Can We Help You With Your Claim?
Our solicitors are specialists in managing all aspects of your claim, they can assist you with the following:
1. We can make the process easier by introducing you to Credit Hire Companies we are in regular contact. That can help get you a replacement vehicle on the same day.
2. Liaise with the credit hire company on your behalf to recover all Credit Hire costs and charges from the at-fault driver’s insurance.
3. Our solicitors can also assist with other claims associated with road traffic accident claims, such as personal injury, recovery claims, etc.
Get in touch today and speak to one of your specialists.